Commemorative Speech Assignment
You are asked to prepare and deliver a commemorative/special occasion speech. You may select any of the types outlined in the chapter on Speaking on Special Occasions in your text book. This speech should be between two and four (2 and 4) minutes long. You should have a work cited page containing at least two (2) sources, one of which needs to be mentioned in the speech for a score of good. If you would like a score of excellent, at least two more would need to be mentioned. (Note, only one of your sources can come from a dictionary or encyclopedia). You may use your outline or note cards to deliver the speech.
1. The speech must be between two and four (2 & 4) minutes in length. Anything longer or shorter will be penalized. If you go over four minutes you will be penalized.
2. Your delivery should be appropriate to the tone of the speech. Remember to use vocal variety to make your speech interesting.
3. Make and maintain eye contact. If you are not looking at your audience you may be perceived as being deceptive. Look and speak with the audience.
4. You must name your sources orally, having them incorporated into the speech. One is
required for a score of ‘good’. If you want a score of excellent you will need to mention at least two more.
5. An appropriate power point presentation is also required.
6. You must upload the following documents:
a. An outline (format on blackboard)
b. A transcript (speech written out in essay format)
c. A reference page in APA format
d. Copy of the power point presentation
e. First page of the documents listed on the reference page.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.