· Utilize the websites provided in this week’s resources to review ethical codes from the following associations:
· American Psychological Association
· Psychology and Counseling Organization of the Islamic Republic of Iran
· Singapore Psychological Society
· European Federation of Psychologists’ Associations
· Review the third draft of “The Universal Declaration of Ethical Principles for Psychologists”.
· Review the four ethical situations described below and their related questions to consider in terms of the ethical codes specified above:
3. Suppose Minneapolis, MN is hit by an enormous natural disaster. Many people were unprepared for such a disaster and suffered mental and physical trauma. Would it be ethical for a psychologist to provide his or her services if he or she had not been specifically trained in disaster response? Do the ethical concerns change if the care is provided at the site of the natural disaster as opposed to at an office visit after the disaster has already occurred? Why or why not? Refer to the specific standards involved and provide a rationale for your answer.
3. Iran is under the threat of war from neighboring countries. There is concern that there are enemy sympathizers responsible for attacks within Iranian borders. Under what circumstances is it allowable for an Iranian psychologist to disclose confidential information without the consent of the client? Refer to the specific standards involved. Is there a possibility the Iranian government could misuse these standards? Why or why not?
3. A psychologist in Singapore wishes to refer a client because of a conflict in values and feelings of underlying threats to his safety. Due to these circumstances, the psychologist feels that he cannot provide competent services to his client. What steps should the psychologist take to ensure an appropriate referral? Can the psychologist “warn” the future psychologist that his client may pose harm to them? Why or why not? Refer to the specific standards involved.
Do you need a similar assignment
done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you.
We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism.
Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original
paper exclusively for you.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.