- Refer to Engaging Families in Leadership Roles pages, 109-112.
Purpose:The purpose of this assignment is to synthesize the role of fathers in children’s language and literacy development.
Directions:Consider what you have just read in the required readings for this week` and the three articles “Building blocks for father involvement Head Start” 1, 2 & 3, then ask yourself:
- How are the ideas or information presented on father involvement connected to what you already knew?
- What new ideas did you get that extended or broadened your thinking in new directions?
- What challenges or puzzles have come up in your mind from the ideas and information presented on father involvement?
- Then, use the handout to synthesize the information you’ve just read.
Purpose:The purpose of this assignment is to interpret different ways of facilitating parent engagement and leadership.
Directions:As you are reading the materials for this week, make note of things that you find interesting, important, or insightful. When you finish:
- First, choose 3 items that stood out most from this weeks
course content. Then:
– For one of these, choose a color that you feel best represents or captures the essence of that idea.
– For another one, choose a symbol that you feel best represents or captures the essence of that idea.
– For the other one, choose an image that you feel best represents or captures the essence of that idea.
- Create a PowerPoint presentation.
- First share your color
- Then share the item from your reading that it represents.
- Tell why you chose that color as a representation of that idea.
- Repeat the sharing process until you have shared your Color, Symbol, and Image.
- Upload your PowerPoint. Then, respond to one of your classmates and provide your feedback using the Ladder of Feedback rubric.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.